Friday 9 November 2012

can I luv if .........

I wonder, can I truly love if I don't understand sin?

Could Jesus have died for us if he did not understand sin? He took time to be tempted as we are. He knew what he was dying for. He paid the price!

I find it so easy to put people down for their indiscretions, but than I remember how often I am guilty of the same thing. In fact if sin is sin, meaning they are all the same, and we all have the same sin nature we are all capable of some heinous stuff.

So then I wonder if I respect sin and its potential in my life, I should be able to love others when they misstep. If I know I am capable of the same things, I should be more understanding. However if I don't respect sin and that we all have the same sin nature, can I truly love others as myself?

Often if someone missteps I am quick to relate it to the individual. I may say something like that was really dumb of them, their an idiot. However if I realise I could do the same thing because of my sin nature, would my tendency be more of forgiveness and love for a fallen teammate? Would my response be more one of compassion. Perhaps I might say, that poor soul fell into the same trap I have and I am going to help them out of it. I am going to love them through it.

Sin is sin, it is simply the consequence that makes one look larger than the next. We have all gone astray and require forgiveness.

I catch my self wondering sometimes, what I would be if I had not been blessed to have been raised by great Christian parents in a great community. Would I be into drugs, sex, crime?

Can I remember to forgive as I have been forgiven? Can I forgive someone for doing the same as I probably have done, will do or could do?

2012 has been a tuff year for me, I have needed to be forgiven many times and have had to forgive some also. It's a process!

Isaiah 53:6
New International Version (NIV)
We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Romans 3:23
New International Version (NIV)
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
John 3:16
New International Version (NIV)
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Ephesians 4:32
New International Version (NIV)
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
 


You Are" by Tenth Avenue North

Kari Jobe -You Are For Me



 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment