Thursday 29 November 2012

it matters more where u r going then where uv been

Does it or doesn't it matter more where you are going then where you have been?
As I reflect back on my life, when I get caught up with thinking too much about where I have been I get stuck in a rut. Typically its because most of that reflection is on challenging rather than joyous experiences. Perhaps more of us are like that, rather than think of the good times we spin and spin over the hard ones, at least that is how I am.
Ideally I would learn from the challenging past, my missteps, and focus on the future.
Hockey goalies, baseball ball pictures and golfers are among athletes that must have a short memory when it comes to dwelling on an allowed goal, bad pitch or poor golf shot. They have to focus on the next play, perhaps they make an adjustment based on the misplay, but the goods ones are able to leave the past behind them.
So for me the question is how can I do this in life, how can I be mentally stronger and more focused on the next play, on today's opportunities rather than yesterdays mishaps?
Did Peter dwell on disowning Jesus, no he learned from it and became a great ambassador?
Did Paul dwell on his past, on all he had persecuted, no he believed in his forgiveness and was an unbelievable force for Jesus?
So why am I so mentally weak, why cant I accept and believe in the forgiveness offered me daily, why can't I enjoy the freedom that grace should give me? Why is Satan so successful at immobilising me? Is it because I choose to dwell on the past, is it because I allow him to be victorious, is it because dwelling on the tuff stuff is easier than thinking positive?

Recently a friend came up to me at church and asked how I am doing and whether or not keeping a positive frame of mind is easy.

No its not, but its not fun letting the devil have a feast on me either. Its time for me to focus on tomorrow, and make the most of it with the learnings of the past in my tool belt.

Its a process, it takes time to get up after being way down! Its

" You Raise Me Up" Celtic Woman

Kim Walker - Break Every Chain

All i need is You " Kim Walker Jesus Culture

Because He Lives



No comments:

Post a Comment