Sunday 25 November 2012

prayers, r they answered?

Are my prayers answered? What can I pray about? I believe that in my latest lesson in life that God is teaching me to lean on him in even a greater way and to bring even the daily and routine items to him.

This could be any thing from praying for my beautiful family's day and what they will all encounter to praying for loved ones enduring tuff stuff.

I remember an experience I had in the hospital that I firmly believe was an answer to prayer. It was for a young man who had been admitted for something routine. It went horribly bad and I mean really really bad. He ended up in ICU for months and was their in 2009 when my wife was hospitalised. I remember praying that this young man would be spared so he could have one more chance to receive Jesus as his personal saviour. Miraculously he was spared and I bumped into his father about a year later at the same hospital. They were there for follow-up.

God answers prayer, not always to our liking and not always the way we want, but he always answers, always!

If we align ourselves with his purpose...........we can understand the anwers better.

Have a listen to what this fella has to say (below link).......the message is short and bang on. In our day and age we have lost perspective, we live for ourselves, I pray selfishly, but God wants me to pray with his goals in mind.

John Piper - Prayer: Ask God for anything

Casting Crowns - Prayer For A Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment