Thursday 15 November 2012

Life, when it just hurts

I recently heard a friend tell of her experience on the mission field. She mentioned that she was praying for us. I could see the genuineness in her eyes and expression. I later texted her saying "Thanks for ur prayers, certainly our plight is put in perspective when you detail some of the challenging situations that children and women in particular experience over there" to which she responded "Mmmmmmmm... well you do have access to some of the best health care and I`m thinking the basic needs of life like shelter, food and water you don`t worry about... but the stresses and journey are similar. Lots of unknown. Worried about your kids future. That life has turned out so much different than you ever dreamed on many levels. What I have learned is this I think... is that when people love God and seek Him first, their life - in the midst of all the pain and challenge they are going through - will be honouring to God and He will use your testimony!! I know He is already and will continue to. Your lives are part of God`s grand story.. and the story is far from finished! I pray that you and Elizabeth continue to find strength and courage for the journey. Your kids too"

It was so encouraging to hear her understanding and the last bolded part very accurately explains how we feel at times and yet we also know we are part of Gods plan as she states later in her response. Its people like this that God places in our lives to boost us along.

Kari Jobe - Steady My Heart

Kari Jobe Find You On My Knees

Kari Jobe - I'm in love with You

Kari Jobe - The more I seek You

Come to me / Kari Jobe

No comments:

Post a Comment