Wednesday 14 November 2012

Runt pigs

Runt pigs, having grown up on a pig farm I saw many a runt pig. This was a pig that usually had the misfortune of being born smaller. Since momma pig only had so many locations at which her little ones could get milk, the runt usually got squeezed out of the action.

Dad in all of his generosity one day told me that I could have the runts and that what ever I made of them would be mine. Now had I been keen about this I would have given them milk from a bottle and spent hours ensuring their welfare and latter padding my wallet. However, since I lamented the fact that he only gave me the runts to work with, I was not keen and earned nothing.

This reminds me of the parable about the talents (bags of gold), perhaps I was like the man that was entrusted with one bag of gold.

The point is, what am I doing with the talents and abilities my God gave me? Am I throwing away opportunity or am I taking each one, be it the ones that look good or not and entrusting them with my God who can make much out of little. These opportunities could involve anything from money to investing in a person's life, perhaps a person that on appearances only, does not look worth the investment.

Refresh your memory by reading:
The Parable of the Bags of Gold

Luke 17:6
New International Version (NIV)
He replied, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you.

No comments:

Post a Comment