Friday 9 November 2012

And I just walked by..........

I live in a world of hurting people. Now that I am aware of my own emotional pain and how easy it is to conceal, I am reminded that if I consider myself average, I probably walk by many hurting people every day.
I wonder, was the story of the Good Samaritan just about a physically hurt person being helped. Could it be possible that regardless the hurt, big or small, physical or emotional, that I am expected to show mercy and compassion, to show my saviours love?
So how many times have I had the opportunity to be the good Samaritan and turned the other way and just kept going. How many times have I been too busy at work, church etc. to take the time to stop and chat with someone in need of encouragement?

How many people will say, why did you just walk by me. I needed you!

Below is the scripure link:

The Parable of the Good Samaritan

Luke 6:31

New International Version (NIV)
Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Below are modern day enactments of the good Samaritan

And Who is My Neighbor

Modern Parables Watch Samaritan


No comments:

Post a Comment